Essay Topics about Books: Get Original Ideas for Writing
When assigned an essay about books, many students keep asking themselves what to write about. If you have got stuck with your paper or you have drained yourself of the ideas, please be sure to check out some ideas on essay topics about books composed by our professional writers. Normally, students opt for writing a persuasive essay about some literary work and thus be able to present their opinion on the read book or story and also convince readers that the book is worth taking into consideration.
On the whole, opinion and persuasive essays are really common assignments at colleges and universities specifically in the context of literary works. When professors assign persuasive essays, it is a perfect chance for them to check how well students can express their opinion in a written form, how well they can convey the central idea, how good they are at critical and analytical thinking, and, finally, whether they are able to convince the audience by providing strong arguments.
Buy Research Papers In High Quality
To get attention of the target audience, it is a must that a writer should develop and present a strong and coherent argument as well as demonstrate in-depth knowledge of a specific subject. As well as that, it is also equally important to be able to back up your arguments with strong and relevant examples as well as other evidence.
If you are not sure how to write an essay about the book, check out the following tips and strategies:
- Come up with a specific and clear thesis statement. Make sure the thesis is formulated in one coherent and logical sentence that communicates the message across and conveys the core argument. While you are working on the thesis, think of specific arguments and supporting evidence you will use to support it and elaborate on it throughout the body paragraphs. As you are writing an essay on a book, be sure to find good examples from the very story so that you can provide clear examples and illustrations.
- Organize your thoughts in a clear and logical way. If your thoughts are rather chaotic so far, be sure that you compose a mind map for all the ideas you have brainstormed. Make sure the ideas you communicate through relate to the chronological order of ideas or events that are mentioned in the book. Remember that the main structure of your essay should be composed of three main parts: introduction, main body, and conclusion.
- Start working on the introductory paragraph. Make sure you start your piece of writing with a hook – a statement that will grab your readers‘ attention. As such, you may use a quote, a rhetoric question, some intriguing fact from the book or even a joke. Make sure that you also provide background information on the book, delve into the historical or cultural background, and also mention some details from the author‘s biography.
- Develop body paragraphs. On average, there should be from three to five body paragraphs depending on the paper length. Each paragraph should be devoted to a specific topic or aspect of writing, so make sure that you do not introduce more than one idea into one paragraph. Start each body paragraph with a topic sentence, where you clearly convey one of the ideas. Make sure the ideas you present in the body paragraphs are specifically linked to the thesis statement. After you have formulated the topic sentence, make sure you provide evidence and proper support of your ideas. Remember to provide specific examples from the text. If you use direct quotes, make sure you cite them correctly according to the required formatting style. If you opt for indirect quotation, make sure you paraphrase them properly and also make sure to cite the information. If relevant, provide a comparison and contrast of your chosen book with the other authors‘ stories or books. Keep in mind that you should not merely focus on the discussion and summary but also apply critical and analytical thinking skills to highlight the main strengths and weaknesses of the literary work.
- Work on the conclusive paragraph. Sum up all the ideas you have presented and wrap them up in one coherent and logical paragraph. Make sure you do not provide any new information or ideas. Just emphasize on the significance of the book and the very topic you have focused on. Provide your opinion whether you recommend this literary piece or not.
You might also be interested in Book Report Writing Guide
Top Essay Topics about Books
As you start working on your persuasive essay in literature, you would definitely want to choose the most interesting and engaging topic among the provided essay topics about books. If you have been stuck with the ideas for writing, check out the following topics that were composed by professional writers:
- Compare two books that you have recently read and persuade your audience why one book is better than another one (why and in what aspects). When choosing books, ensure they are of the same genre or written by the same author.
- Select two authors and persuade your readers who of them is a better writer.
- Read a crime book and convince your reader whether the main hero is a guilty one or innocent.
- Are books about Harry Potter good to read? Why?
- Persuade your readers to read your favorite book.
instead of 280
How to Persuade Others to Read a Certain Book?
If you wonder how one can possible persuade others to read a specific book, keep in mind that strong arguments and supporting reasons as well as logics and critical appeal are decisive in this case. However, you also need to be aware of some other techniques how to make your essay about books more convincing:
- Storytelling. If you want to narrate some complex concepts that may be hard to understand, be sure you can convey them via storytelling.
- Repetition. Emphasize on the same thing in different ways to make yourself sound strong and convincing.
- Appeal to emotions and feelings. Making your readers excited, bored, angry, scared or happy can persuade them come to a specific conclusion.
- Figurative language. Similes, comparisons, metaphors, epithets, and other figures of speech can help you make your piece of writing flowery and more visually appealing. It will also help you to convince others accept your opinion and have a clear vision and understanding of how you perceive certain things.
If you face challenges with essay writing even before reading the aforementioned tips and strategies, do not hesitate and seek help from our professional custom writers.
Written For Me
Buy unique essays from the best custom writing service!