Case Brief Writing: How to Succeed in It?
You have probably heard a lot about case brief writing especially if you are a student of a law school or if you major in law. Despite the fact that it is a widespread academic writing type that is frequently assigned to students, many students have questions concerning its structure and the proper mode of organization. At the same time, many students really hate this type of writing due to the challenges and complexities they encounter during the process. If you want to get assistance and understand how to write a case brief properly, be sure that you can find tips and guidelines in the article below.
As a matter of fact, the word “brief” has several meanings in law and it can be used for several purposes. When it comes to case brief writing, it relates to a brief and comprehensive piece of writing that focuses on a logical summary of a specific court decision or the judge’s verdict.
Structure of Case Brief Writing
- Title of the case brief.
- Publisher’s or reporter’s name.
- Court and year when the decision was made.
- Discussion on how the case/ issue was brought to the court.
- Narrative (problem statement).
- Issues that were put forward during the court’s appeal.
- A list of arguments (from each side).
- Different possibilities for implications.
- Rules of law that were used for support.
- Judges’ rationale and dissenting opinions.
Case Brief Writing in 11 Steps
- Read the assigned case attentively and carefully. If needed, read it more than once.
- Highlight the main facts or make notes.
- Come up with the most suitable format for your brief.
- Compose an outline — it will help you have a clear vision what your paper will look like. It will also be helpful in proper organization of the ideas.
- Develop each part of the paper. Be sure not to omit any parts: rationale, explanation of the decision, rules of law, etc.
- Find another opinion for the rebuttal.
- Adhere to a specific style of writing and formatting.
- Focus on careful proofreading and make sure the paper is free from grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes.
- Revise the paper in a day or two — but make sure there is a break between the very writing process and revision.
- Find similarities of your case with the other cases.
- Summarize the paper by stating whether you agree with the court’s opinion.
Buy unique essays from the best custom writing service!
How to Write a Case Brief: Step-by-Step Guidelines for Successful Writing
According to the academic standards, at the very beginning, you need to mention the names of two parts, such as: A vs. B. The opening line should include the name of the publisher as well as the source of publication. Make sure you mention the court that filed the decision and indicate the year when the ultimate verdict was published.
Afterwards, you need to introduce all the facts and also analyze which of them could be really important for the court to make a decision. Do not include information that was not relevant for the court’s making decision.
To develop the section dealing with the procedural history, make sure you mention what court filed the opinion and how at all the case got there. Specifically, pinpoint to whether the case comes from the appellate court or trial court whatsoever.
When focusing on the issue, make sure you emphasize on how the court came to it. Make sure you convey the central jest of the question. Make sure you specify whether the question at hand is legal.
When discussing and analyzing the rule of law, make sure you come up with specific laws that help the court reach a specific decision. If the case is complicated, it may take more than one law but rather a whole set of laws. When discussing this chapter, make sure you specify which laws the judges have discussed, which of the discussed laws was the most reliable and supportive for making the decision, etc.
Provide reasoning concerning the judges’ decision. Apart from the fact that the judges’ decision is already stated, make sure you provide a reasoning why they came to this specific decision. Try to analyze the case with the benefit of hindsight.
When providing the conclusion, make sure you wrap up the case brief in a logical and comprehensive way. Start the conclusive paragraph with a brief statement whether the case was affirmed or reversed by the court. Moreover, mention whether the judges held for the appellee, appellant or defendant. Finally, mention who won and who lost and why.
If you follow all the recommendations mentioned in the article, you will definitely succeed in case brief writing. However, if you lack skills and knowledge or simply have no time working on the paper, keep in mind that you can fully rely on our expert custom writing service for help. Let our competent and qualified writers do the tough work for you while you enjoy your rest or communication with the close ones.
Buy Research Papers In High Quality
Custom Help with Case Brief Writing
If you are studying at college or university, you would probably be snowed under academic assignments given to you in different subjects. At times when you get dozens of assignments with the same deadlines, it can be really hard and challenging to cope with them in a proper way without undermining the quality of content or missing the deadlines. To succeed in a specific subject, it is recommended not merely to attend all classes but also to work on your own additionally. We fully realize how overwhelming all this studies can be, so we offer our professional assistance and encourage you to seek assistance from professional writers if you cannot cope with the assignments on your own. Our company offers services at affordable prices, so you can get a high-quality paper at a reasonable price without any problems.
Benefits You Get from Cooperating with Essays-service.com
- You will have an opportunity to communicate with your assigned writer via direct messaging system.
- You can be sure that the custom written papers you get will be of excellent quality and original content.
- You will get support not only from legal experts and professional writers but also of a quality assurance tem, which will make sure that your paper is impeccable in terms of content and free from grammar, punctuation, and spelling mistakes.
- While cooperating with us, you will have more freedom to focus on the other matters that are more important to you.
- You will be finally able to get more sleep and rest.
Be sure that each order our company’s writers work on is unique and authentic in content. By scanning each paper via anti-plagiarism software, we make sure that the content is original. Keep in mind that your assigned writer will work on your specific paper requirements and will guarantee a custom-oriented individual approach. We never resell previously written papers. If needed, you can ask your writer to attach a plagiarism report with to your paper.
If you are not good at managing your time or if you just lack confidence while dealing with the assignment, be sure that you can rely on our company’s assistance. Your assigned writer will conduct all the required research and will cover the necessary readings in order to make sure you are satisfied with the result. With just a few clicks and a quick registration process, you will be able to find a solution to all of your academic problems.
When it comes to the order placement process, it is simple. Since the company’s website is really easy to navigate, you will not find the process of placing the order online time-consuming. Make sure you provide us with all details concerning your order: specify the paper type, topic, deadline, citation and formatting style, as well as academic level or complexity of writing. As soon as you pay for the order, be sure that we will assign the writer who matches your requirements, major, and subject area on the whole. With the help of the messaging system, you will be able to monitor the writing procedure as well as to communicate with your writer concerning specific updates.
Our company’s writers have years of experience writing case briefs on different topics, so you can be sure that they can handle any kind of assignment regardless of its complexity or topic.